Due to growth of the of the M&A business globally, AIG is looking for an experienced and ambitious M&A lawyer with commercial skills, to become a Senior Underwriter M&A. You will be based in the Netherlands and be part of the global M&A team. You will be working in an environment where knowledge is cultivated, innovation is encouraged, and achievement is rewarded. AIG is a truly global company that considers diversity to be a business imperative.
AIG’s M&A products and services provide cutting edge solutions for M&A deals, offering a full spectrum of individually tailored insurance programs for both buyers and sellers in relation to risks inherent in major corporate transactions. Due to a significant growth in deal activity and profitability of the M&A business globally, both in private equity and corporate sectors, AIG is pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Underwriter M&A to join its high-performing global team based in the Netherlands, which belongs to a team of 15 people based in Brussels, Frankfurt and Stockholm consiting of M&A lawyers from Magic Circle firms and Investment Bankers.
You will undertake a process of legal and commercial risk analysis for M&A deals, with a view to providing clients with a bespoke insurance solution that allows them to meet their transaction objectives. You will be responsible for building the profitability of business and will take ownership of your own budget. Your activities will be centered on underwriting corporate transaction deals across all sizes and sectors of business, carrying out detailed warranty and business statement analysis, developing and marketing new business, assisting with new product development and developing new and existing broker and client relationships.
· Underwriting of European corporate transaction risks with focus on BeNeLux (warranties and indemnities, taxation liability, litigation buyout and special situation contingent risks)
· In conjunction with the other members of the M&A team, delivering timely and bespoke transaction insurance documents on transaction risk deals
· Implementing agreed strategies with management for growing the book of business
· Developing commercially successful relationships with M&A production and distribution sources, with focus on brokers, law firms, investment banks, accountants, and private equity funds
· Regularly attending and presenting at external client meetings, commercial and legal seminars with a view to building relationships
· Bringing further development to the BeNeLux market
· Proposing and developing new transaction insurance products
AIG is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world. AIG's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Ireland and Tokyo.
You will be working at an industry leader and get global visibility. AIG will offer you opportunities, training and support to take your career to the next level. You will be offered an excellent package including , lease car, yearly bonus, pension and insurance package.
· Dutch fully qualified lawyer
· At least 5 years post-qualification experience, ideally gained as an M&A lawyer at an international law firm
· Proven strong technical knowledge in relation to negotiating and managing M&A transactions (with a focus on corporate structuring and private equity transactions)
· Strong written and oral communication skills; extremely proficient drafter of legal and commercial documents
· Ability to negotiate with commercially and legally sophisticated advisors and clients
· Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work with local financial lines team
· Ability to understand and execute commercial decision making in a context of legal risk assessment
· Experience in underwriting M&A insurance and/or specific experience with insurance sector or other financial institutions is considered a plus
· Excellent technical and business development skills
· Business fluent in English and Dutch, other languages are considered a plus