Over deze vacature
Challenging (senior) position at one on the world's leading financial groups.
Reporting to the Head of Legal of MBE, the legal counsel is required to oversee and manage the legal activities within MBE.
• Providing legal advice, review draft and negotiate documentation and provide all related transaction management for products, including commercial lending, transaction banking, trade finance and payment systems as well as supplier agreements;
• Advising and assisting business units in the development and structuring of new products and new business initiatives;
• Advise on, participate in and assist with the implementation of key regulations such as the Benchmark Regulation, PSD 2 etc;
• Provide legal advice and support with respect to strategic, legal and documentation matters and initiatives, including through developing and monitoring standard documentation and processes within the MUFG group;
• Advise on the legal, regulatory and reputational issues arising in transactions and in the non-transactional aspects of the operation and business activities of MBE and the MUFG group;
• Manage relationships with other service providers such as trustees, agents, stock exchanges and translators as required;
• Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice, ensure such changes are taken into account in the bank’s documentation and processes and provide training on legal and regulatory issues to the employees of MBE and the MUFG group;
• Participate in industry forums and working groups;
• Participate in working groups and committees for MBE and the wider MUFG group;
• Ensure close cooperation with the EMEA Legal team.
MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked financial groups in the world in terms of assets, offering a wide range of financial services, including commercial banking, trust banking, securities services, project finance, consumer finance and asset management. The MBE subsidiary based in the Netherlands is the Headquarters of continental Europe. The growing network of branches is managed from Amsterdam.
• The function requires experience of a minimum of five years with legal and regulatory analysis for commercial lending transactions in a cross-border environment, ideally with previous exposure to one or more of the following areas:
• Bilateral, syndicated and/or project finance lending.
• Letters of credit, performance guarantees, receivables discounting and other trade finance arrangements.
• Secured financings, acquisition and leveraged finance.
• The function requires a comprehensive knowledge of the (intra-)departmental work flows and processes, of the products offered by our front office and of the applicable domestic & international legislation. The function also requires in depth knowledge and understanding/experience of/with MUFG's business, policies, rules and guidelines.
• Relevant master degree;
• Has (international) legal experience working with a leading law firm or in-house within an investment bank or commercial bank;
• In depth knowledge of principles and practice of domestic law and regulatory rules impacting transactions (MiFID, CRR, PSD2);
• A sound knowledge of accounting principles and other banking procedures for assessment of credit and other banking risks;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Drive for results with a strong sense of accountability;
• A pro-active, motivated approach;
• Collaborate and build partnerships;
• Communicate effectively and professionally;
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines (ability to perform well in a pressurized environment);
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
• A calm approach, with the the ability to balance risk with opportunity;
• Lead change & seek continuous improvement.