DEGIRO is a rapidly growing online brokerage company with offices in Amsterdam and Sofia. DEGIRO is the first wholesale online broker for private investors. DEGIRO provides an online platform for all types of investors and offers to invest globally at unprecedented low prices. DEGIRO has over 200 colleagues with around 30 different nationalities.
DEGIRO is a pan-European stock broker originally established in Amsterdam in 2008. Currently DEGIRO offers services to more than 400,000 clients across 18 countries in Europe. DEGIRO is able to provide all investors with transparent institutional rates thanks to its innovative technology and cost-focused approach. By reducing the barriers to entry and making it affordable to trade, DEGIRO makes global investing possible for everyone. Due to the growth of the department we are looking for a Senior Legal Officer for their Amsterdam office.
Senior Legal Officer
The legal team consists of 4 people: 3 in Amsterdam (including the head of legal) and 1 legal officer in Sofia, Bulgaria. The Senior Legal Officer should be versatile to the business, ready to roll up the sleeves when necessary, but also able to immerse into the nuances of (new) legislation and regulatory matters and then advise the company about the findings, taking the fast-paced environment that the company operates in into consideration. The Senior Legal Officer ensures that the company strictly follows law guidelines and gives legal advice to management about all relevant issues. You will be providing internal stakeholders including the Board of Directors, as applicable, with legal and related advice/analysis, tailored to their needs. You are willing and able to challenge the organization if needed, being their trusted advisor and business partner.
Furthermore, you will:
• Carry out research assignments on legal and regulatory matters;
• Analyse Dutch and EU legislation, as well as the practice of regulators, courts and other bodies;
• Work in a precise manner, yet remain flexible in a fast-paced environment;
• Support in monitoring legal and regulatory developments relevant to the organization;
• Support the legal team with day to day business;
• Support in maintaining current relationships/develop new relationships with external advisors, notaries and other relevant external parties; and
• Assist in legal transactions.
• Master's degree in Law (Dutch Law is preferred);
• 8+ years of working experience in a law firm or as in-house lawyer;
• Experience in a financial law environment and knowledge of Wft/MiFID II is a must;
• Excellent command of professional English;
• Enthusiastic team player with a pragmatic committed approach and international outlook;
• Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Risk & external awareness.
DEGIRO offers the successful candidate a challenging job in an international and fast-growing company, a competitive salary with bonus opportunity and resources for further relevant education.
Would you like more information on this role? Please contact Nick Spenkelink, via email email@example.com, or phone +31 6 10 98 76 19, or contact Serena Orval-Sprenger, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +44 20 753 20445. If you'd like to apply for this job, please send in your CV and motivation (both in English and in Word format). Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Major, Lindsey & Africa
Unmatched in What We Do.
In 1982, the founders of what is today known as Major, Lindsey & Africa set out to create the world's pre-eminent legal search firm. Guided by a goal of helping lawyers chart the most rewarding careers and providing law firms and corporations with access to the world’s top legal talent, they built a company dedicated to excellence and diversity in the legal professionals. Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), is the world’s most experienced legal search firm; focusing solely on the placement of lawyers into law firms and in-house legal departments throughout the USA, Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. With 25 offices worldwide and over 30 years’ experience in the market, the global In-House Practice Group has undertaken more General Counsel/In-House legal searches than any other executive search firm globally.