OVER DEZE VACATURE
Interesting opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial academic graduate in a rapidly growing market and within an international scale up environment.
Howden advises on, and places, M&A insurance (primarily Warranty and Indemnity Insurance). M&A insurance is a product tightly related to and interwoven with the largest and most exciting M&A transactions of this time, reallocating the residual risk of the seller under the warranties and the tax indemnity in a share purchase agreement to the insurance market. Howden M&A assists tier 1 law firms, private equity firms, investment banks and large corporates in finding the best insurance solution for their M&A deal within the context and dynamic timeframe of an M&A transaction.
Due to its exceptional growth in the Netherlands, Howden M&A is expanding its Benelux team in Amsterdam with an Analyst M&A. This role will require a strong analytical skill set, evidenced by excellent academic credentials and social skills in combination with a curious and flexible mind-set that thrives in a fast-paced dynamic and cross border setting. With Howden M&A you will develop the skill-set and gain the knowledge (with the support of the Benelux and London team) required to:
– Support the Howden M&A team in running Warranty and Indemnity Insurance processes in the context of a varied range of complex M&A transactions both domestically and internationally
– Learn how to analyse risks from a legal, commercial and insurance perspective in an M&A transaction and negotiate the coverage of these risk with the key M&A insurance market players and the client
– Develop a unique and valuable skill set in an unparalleled growth market through learning about the Howden M&A advisory approach – combining excellent legal skills with a broad range of commercial/negotiating skills – which has underpinned Howden’s growth across Europe
– Grow and develop yourself at a pace that fits your ambition with the long term goal of independently advising Howden M&A’s clients
– Engage and work together with other specialised Howden teams and learn about tax, environmental, title and litigation risk on M&A transactions
– Prepare business development meetings and pitches with private equity investors and lawyers, and in time contribute to these meetings
– Learn to understand and analyse legal documents (SPAs, IAs, APAs etc.) and due diligence reports
– Provide unrivalled service and client centric approach
Howden M&A is a market leading provider of specialist insurance solutions for M&A risks. With nine offices in London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Munich, Stockholm, Madrid, Paris, Warsaw and Singapore, Howden focusses on the private equity and real estate sectors, working with leading global fund managers. The 70+ professionals that make up their dedicated team have backgrounds in corporate law, tax, litigation, environmental consulting, investment banking, general industry and insurance. Howden advices on a variety of insurance products including warranty & indemnity, tax liability, contingent risk, environmental liability and title/real estate insurances. They also provide claims handling and advisory service to all of their clients. Howden’s experienced team has a track record in obtaining M&A insurance claims pay-outs for their clients.
In 2019, Howden opened its office in Amsterdam. Due to their unique “Howden M&A advisory approach” to M&A insurance in combination with a passionate and strong team led by Frederik Veldhuijzen (ex-De Brauw), together with by Gauthier Drion (ex-Stibbe), Julie van den Bergh (ex- Allen & Overy), and Fatima Mohemmed (ex-ING) they have now firmly established themselves as the market leading M&A insurance advisor in the Benelux region.
– Work with and receive training from M&A professionals with an international tier-1 M&A law background
– Young and dedicated high quality, hardworking, fun loving, supportive and motivated team focused on cooperation, team work and authenticity
– Challenges that can be tailored to fit your personal ambition
– Experience working in a truly international environment, across borders with our Howden colleagues in London, Scandinavia, Germany, Eastern and Southern-Europe and our sister company in New York
– The opportunity to live in London while undergoing initial training from the most experienced team of M&A brokers in the world
– Work at an agile Benelux scale-up that is backed by a global corporate structure and resources, currently valued at $5bln
– Informal atmosphere in the office. Formal dress code only when needed (e.g. client events)
– Diversity is encouraged and taking ownership is rewarded
– Excellent remuneration
– Determined self-starter willing to learn about a new market adjacent to the “traditional” M&A market
– Excellent academic (WO) credentials (legal background is a pro, but we are open to other backgrounds)
– Affinity with the M&A market
– Team player, confident and humble
– Written and oral business fluency in English (French-speaking capacity is a plus). Dutch proficiency is appreciated and a plus, but not required
– Sweat the details while you learn to own the big picture
– Thrive in a fast-paced environment
– Organised and reliable
– Result driven
– Execution excellence