Unique opportunity in a fast-paced scale-up with global top-tier customers, and within a (highly educated) team that is passionate about technology and its applications in industry.
OVER DE FUNCTIE
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will be an integral member of a rapidly growing organisation, assisting with everything from drafting and negotiating contracts to providing legal advice and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal needs, including but not limited to complex technology transactions involving intellectual property, software licensing, data analytics, data privacy, data security, and professional services.
Work closely with the technical and business teams to provide legal support in product development, transactional and technology matters.
Work closely with internal departments to make sure actions comply with all relevant laws, rules, regulations, and internal compliance standards.
Collaborate with these other departments to analyse business and legal risks. As a result, provide pragmatic, opportune, and business-oriented legal counsel and recommendations on a broad range of legal topics to include: employment, labour relations, intellectual property, software licensing, and data security.
Monitoring Semiotic Labs’ contract management system, administered by the Legal Assistant, and based on its output, initiate appropriate action with relevant stakeholders.
Conduct training of personnel on various legal and compliance topics.
Other responsibilities as needed.
OVER HET BEDRIJF
Semiotic Labs is a rapidly growing scale-up based in Leiden, the Netherlands. The company serves a broad range of industries with SAM4, a predictive maintenance software-as-a-service system that leverages machine learning algorithms and IoT sensors to detect upcoming failures in critical industrial assets up to months in advance. Customers such as Vopak, Schiphol, Nouryon and ArcelorMittal use SAM4 to prevent unplanned downtime, prioritize maintenance tasks and reduce energy waste.
– You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with global top-tier customers.
– Opportunity to grow toward a position as General Counsel.
– You will be joining a (highly educated) team that is passionate about technology and its applications in industry.
Semiotic Labs offers furthermore;
– A competitive salary and secondary benefits
– Office at Leiden Centraal
– Friday drinks and regular outings
– Free lunch, fresh fruit and snacks
– Work laptop and mobile phone
– Travel allowance
– Master’s degree in Dutch law
– 5-8 years of professional experience within the corporate/commercial practice of a renowned law firm, the (tech) industry or a combination (the latter is a plus)
– An entrepreneurial and pragmatic mindset
– A fast learner, responsible, pro-active and result-oriented
– Team-oriented, yet able to work independently
– Good legal documents drafting skills
– Full working proficiency in English and Dutch
– Strong social skills