NLC The Healthtech Venture Builder has the following mission: bringing healthcare innovation to life!
NLC was founded on one simple observation: at least 95 percent of healthtech inventions never reach the patient, regardless of their relevance or brilliance. They decided to call this opportunity by bringing together the best tech, the best capital, the best people, and the best partners to build life-changing ventures.
NLC has a motivated team that consists of a highly skilled and knowledgeable venture partner group, a growing pool of venture developers and professionals in corporate finance, legal, talent management and support roles. NLC has founded approx. 40 ventures mainly in the Netherlands. And is aiming to build many more ventures in Europe in the coming years (target for 2020: building 24 new ventures, of which 20 outside the Netherlands).
To keep up with all of this growth, they are looking for a new Legal Counsel. Someone who truly enjoys the variety and responsibility that comes with working in a small, fast-growing and highly innovative company. The culture is entrepreneurial, professional, positive and open. If you aim to make a real impact, you’ll fit right in.
The position of Legal Counsel is a broad position, supporting both NLC and the ventures that are build. You will work closely with the NLC business (venture partners and venture developers), venture CEO’s and the other NLC legal team members. The Legal Counsel reports to the Legal Counsel & Manager.
Your responsibilities include:
● Providing legal advice and support to NLC on setting up, developing, financing and divesting our ventures (healthtech start-ups). This includes drafting/negotiation of relevant contractual documentation
● Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating international contracts and experience with corporate law (preferably M&A)
- Master’s degree in law
- At least 5 years PQE experience in private practice and/or as inhouse counsel
- Experience with or affinity with Intellectual Property (IP) Law and privacy & data protection
- Experience in the healthcare (medical devices) or life sciences industry is a plus
- European nationality, Dutch nationality is not required. Proficient English language skills.
- A broad and challenging position in our Amsterdam office.
- A lean and positive company culture with an innovative business model.
- See the direct result of your work and be involved in a variety of topics.
- The opportunity to work in diverse teams with highly experienced professionals; ranging from your NLC colleagues to the venture CEO’s you regularly partner with.
- The chance to contribute to realising innovations with a great impact on healthcare.
- The opportunity to build an equity stake in NLC through our employee stock option plan.
Would you like more information on this role? Please contact Remco Abeln, via email email@example.com, or phone +31 6 46 86 29 49. If you’d like to apply for this job, please send in your CV and motivation (both in English and in Word format). Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Major, Lindsey & Africa
Unmatched in What We Do.
In 1982, the founders of what is today known as Major, Lindsey & Africa set out to create the world’s pre-eminent legal search firm. Guided by a goal of helping lawyers chart the most rewarding careers and providing law firms and corporations with access to the world’s top legal talent, they built a company dedicated to excellence and diversity in the legal professionals. Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), is the world’s most experienced legal search firm; focusing solely on the placement of lawyers into law firms and in-house legal departments throughout the USA, Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. With 25 offices worldwide and over 30 years’ experience in the market, the global In-House Practice Group has undertaken more General Counsel/In-House legal searches than any other executive search firm globally.