Imagine yourself working in an international team providing innovative top notch legal advice and working seamlessly together. This is Clifford Chance.
Our Amsterdam office is a dynamic, international and ambitious environment to work in, and our clients represent the top of the national and international business community including financial institutions, commercial banks, investment banks, corporates and private equity houses.
Quality of service and professionalism are as highly valued as a pro-active attitude and teamwork. We highly value work ethics, respect and good communication to get the best results for our clients and to ensure we create a welcoming and safe work environment for all our colleagues.
Our Financial Markets Group (FMG) in Amsterdam has approximately 50 lawyers and is consistently ranked as one of the leading finance practices in The Netherlands. The group acts for domestic and international financial institutions, multinationals, private equity houses and international organizations. FMG enjoys a broad range of high quality work covering syndicated lending, acquisition finance, work-outs and restructurings as well as project and asset financing. We are at the forefront of legal tech developments and integrating these in our practice. Our Financial Markets Group in Amsterdam also includes a fully integrated Fintech and Finreg group.
We are looking for a finance lawyer with relevant experience to work as a Professional Support Lawyer (PSL). The mission of the PSL is to ensure our lawyers and clients have up to date knowledge of case law, market leading templates, and that our lawyers are able to deal with any changes in a quick, practical and efficient way.
- Drafting and maintaining templates and guidance notes related to bank lending, both secured and unsecured, and related matters;
- Assisting with cross-border standardization initiatives, for example in relation to banking legal opinions and transactional matters;
- Work closely with the K&I Manager to collect and disseminate knowledge throughout the group in line with our knowledge sharing culture;
- Liaising and coordinating with PSLs in other practices (if applicable) and within the global Finance practice in order to share knowledge and help deliver consistent advice to clients;
- Coordinating, preparing and presenting lectures for lawyers and in some cases clients, including legislation overviews reflecting changes in national and international law;
- Participation in wider firm Thought Leadership initiatives involving the group and other PSLs;
- Researching legal issues and dealing with inquiries related to your legal expertise;.
- Ensure once an important court case is published that it is analysed and the possible impact on templates is identified, as well as the necessity for client briefings or other Thought Leadership initiatives;
- Assisting juniors on transactions and assist in the education of junior lawyers in connection with the FMG career development plan.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will be a mid- to senior qualified lawyer with solid experience in all aspects of the practice’s banking work and be able to build an excellent profile within the group both in terms of legal acumen and commercial application. You will have first-class legal skills coupled with a commercial approach. A strong legal finance background is essential along with excellent drafting and communication skills.
You will be highly organised, have good attention to detail and be committed to providing a first class service to the Firm.
Furthermore, you have;
- Dutch law qualification;
- Fluency in English and Dutch;
- Experience in researching and applying complex areas of law and the ability to explain issues clearly and guide others.
Our PSL’s are required to interact with partners and other lawyers both internally and externally and need to demonstrate acumen, insight, integrity and efficiency, as well as being confident self-starters.
The chance to join a firm with more tier one rankings than any other law firm. The opportunity to develop your skills by following tailored (international) trainings and courses. Attractive working conditions and a fun team of energetic professionals. You will have the oity to help further grow and develop our practice together with the best specialists. It is possible to work part-time and the role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information, please contact Nina Rolsma, Recruitment Manager via email@example.com.
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. We believe that each and every one of us should experience equality of opportunity and an equality of experience here. We are always working to develop and deliver the best and most innovative approaches to make that happen. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are therefore committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice.