Great opportunity for a legal generalist with broad experience in commercial contracting who wants to work at a global leader in technology!
OVER DE FUNCTIE
Samsung Electronics is looking for a legal generalist who has broad experience in commercial contracting and advisory practice with excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills to join their Benelux Legal and Compliance team at its Schiphol office. Currently, the team consists of seven members. The lines in their team are short, and you will be reporting directly to the Head of Legal, who is situated at Schiphol as well. Within the team, you will be a generalist who will take upon all tasks which come to the team’s attention. This will include all legal and compliance matters which relate to the sale and marketing of electronics products within the Netherlands, including B2C en B2B sales. Yet there is also room for specialization (corporate housekeeping, consumer rights, competition, etc.).
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting, negotiating and processing contracts with customers and partners of Samsung
- Advising the business on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues such as competition law and consumer protection law (privacy law is dealt with by other specialists in the team).
- Guiding the company in disputes and litigation
- Having close contact with external legal advisers on a wide range of issues
- Giving trainings to the business on key legal/compliance issues that impact the business
OVER HET BEDRIJF
Samsung Electronics Benelux – Headquartered at Schiphol, the Netherlands, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. They market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung’s philosophy is based on their strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of their commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry.
At Samsung, they work hard – every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, a nimble team that constantly pushes themselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Imagine working for a global company that is a world leader in innovation, in an environment where exciting things happen every day. Imagine working with an amazing group of visionaries and individuals who bring products to the market that bring joy to millions of people across the globe every single day. Imagine where you want to be, and who you want to be. At Samsung the possibilities are limitless.
- A competitive salary and good secondary benefits, like a bonus scheme, discount on Samsung products, health insurance, laptop and mobile phone and 26 holidays
- Working at a world leader in technology with a no-nonsense and problem-solving culture
- Challenging corporate culture
- Dutch qualified lawyer with 5-8 years of working experience (including the 3 years as trainee) at a top-tier law firm, preferably combined with in-house experience
- Extensive experience in contract drafting and commercial law
- Basic understanding of: consumer protection law, privacy law, competition law, litigation, advertisement law, corporate housekeeping and/or employment law
- Eager to learn about new legal areas and the ability to quickly master new subjects
- Ambition to grow within the legal team
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- A real team player with a great sense of humour
- Self-starting, hands-on and pragmatic way of working, with a solution-focused work ethic
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced commercial environment and the ability to successfully manage frequent changes in priorities, deadlines and workload
- Communicative and open to different ideas and experience (adaptive)
- Excellent table football skills