Interxion is the interconnection hub for the world’s leading businesses. They help clients extend their reach into new markets. Wherever clients invest with Interxion, clients will have the right connectivity to interconnect, transact and grow their business.
Interxion operates over 50 state of the art facilities across Europe. Nearly 20 years of experience means that they guarantee consistent design and operational excellence across their footprint, allowing clients to easily scale their services across Europe.
Interxion’s core data centre services provide clients with the foundation upon which clients can build and expand their businesses. They offer flexible data centre solutions. Across 13 European cities –a range of space options to meet a range of scale and security needs, metered and un-metered power and cold aisle cooling.
Wherever clients invest with Interxion, from Dublin to Düsseldorf, clients will have the right connectivity for business. Interxion’s data centres are gateways to emerging markets and landing stations for major continental subsea cables. Interxion is the platform for extending clients reach into new domestic, regional and international markets.
(Senior) Legal Counsel Real Estate and Construction
Interxion is looking for a legal counsel with a focus on real estate transactions and construction projects. The in-house team consists of 6 legal professionals and a head legal. They are based in Hoofddorp and support the various Interxion entities across Europe. You will work closely together with the senior legal counsel that handles all real estate and construction law related matters, nationally and internationally. The role requires working and dealing with local attorneys-at-law. You will represent the different Interxion entities and ensure that real estate transactions are executed in the best interest of the company. Also, you will be operating as a hands on business partner for internal teams.
Key responsibilities include:
• Drafting and negotiating legal documents relating to complex matters for Interxion, in particular on matters regarding real estate transactions;
• Representing the company in purchases and sales of properties;
• Providing advice on how to structure complex transactions and taking responsibility for the tactical direction in the resolution of complex disputes, taking into account the commercial background and key legal issues together with input from tax, finance and other appropriate Interxion positions;
• Ensuring that appropriate approvals are in place before real estate transactions are executed;
• Overseeing the issuing and maintaining of standard contractual formats to be used for all real estate and supplier transactions throughout Interxion’s footprint;
• Monitoring legal risks in real estate documentation and advise the internal stakeholders accordingly;
• Educate sales and commercial team members on legal review processes and procedures, legal documents, applicable laws and negotiation strategies to improve sales, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Qualified lawyer or legal counsel with relevant experience obtained in the real estate and construction industry, preferably in an international corporate environment;
• Proven knowledge of Real Estate law and Construction law which includes litigation, lease transaction, property management and purchase and sales transactions;
• Natural leader with attention to detail, able to work both individually and in a team;
• Ability to navigate a competing workflow, set appropriate priorities and deliver results within agreed timelines. Natural tendency to solve problems and get things done;
• Exercise mature and reliable judgment, being decisive and able to provide creative and devise solutions to challenging problems;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Open to dealing with other cultures and willing to travel occasionally;
• Flexible and enthusiastic attitude, with the drive to succeed in a competitive sector. Hands-on approach, able to work in a result-oriented manner;
• Must posess a good sense of humor.
Working at Interxion in an international and fast-paced environment with an enthusiastic and diverse team of professionals. Interxion offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Would you like more information on this role? Please contact Serena Sprenger, via email email@example.com, or phone +44 20 753 20445. If you’d like to apply for this job, please send in your CV and motivation (both in English and in Word format). Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Major, Lindsey & Africa
Unmatched in What We Do.
In 1982, the founders of what is today known as Major, Lindsey & Africa set out to create the world’s pre-eminent legal search firm. Guided by a goal of helping lawyers chart the most rewarding careers and providing law firms and corporations with access to the world’s top legal talent, they built a company dedicated to excellence and diversity in the legal professionals. Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), is the world’s most experienced legal search firm; focusing solely on the placement of lawyers into law firms and in-house legal departments throughout the USA, Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. With 25 offices worldwide and over 30 years’ experience in the market, the global In-House Practice Group has undertaken more General Counsel/In-House legal searches than any other executive search firm globally.Solliciteren